Friends of Cranbury Park is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit citizens alliance working in partnership with the public and the city of Norwalk to preserve, protect, and enhance Cranbury Park and to foster an atmosphere of harmony and respect among all park users present and future.
Our core values will shape our organization and guide our decisions. As FCP board members, we pledge to:
- Cultivate a sense of community and encourage broader participation in FCP projects and initiatives by motivating and supporting committed volunteers to serve as stewards of the park.
- Educate visitors unfamiliar with park rules and regulations, and familiarize them with all that the park has to offer.
- Preserve and protect park wildlife and plant life, and preserve its natural open space.
- Beautify, enhance and improve the park’s grounds and wooded trails.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the appropriate city agencies and officials to guide park policy, provide oversight, and maintain an advisory role in park-related matters.
- Value park users’ diverse perspectives, invite a wide range of ideas, and receive all with open-mindedness and respect.
- Celebrate and appreciate our good fortune at having daily access to the natural world of Cranbury Park.
- Share our expertise and knowledge as we deem appropriate with organizers of other city park groups.